Saturday, July 12, 2014

What's Happening lately

So, what is happening lately?
This past year, I have not been posting on my blog as much as I used to. I don't know why I got out of the routine, none the less, I did. I'm trying to get in the habit.
One thing I have put into my routine is watching a new show on PBS on Saturday mornings:
Fit 2 Stitch! Peggy Saggers is the host. She is fantastic!!
This is a garment show, I have been making sure I am up early in the morning to watch this show!! She explains things so well.
One thing she just said is,
"we can never resolve the problem if we don't solve it"
Length, Circumference, Depth...oh these are mathematical terms!! Most of us shy away from math, but pay attention, we can do this!!
Length: bust, waist, hips (butt, lol)
Circumference: all we need to go "around" our body for those areas, that we like how they fit or lay on our body
Depth: an angular fit to either length or circumference (darts). the ability to change the length or circumference
I plan on purchasing the dvd set of this show's series. I'm not a garment sewer, but her teaching is making me want to learn how to do become one!
QUILTING:
ROW BY ROW !!!
I will be collecting these Michigan fabric license plates.
Later on this month I will be traveling down to South Carolina.
I have some quilting friends that I am collecting these fabric plates for, I love it! Everyone is excited about this program. I am too. 
I posted this picture on facebook recently. Within a few minutes, I was able to get my favorite go to tools off my cutting table surface. They are within reach, easy and accessible to grab and work!
I have been working on my next video project, but I can't show you what I am making...just stay tuned. By the end of the year I believe the video will be up. You know what? Saying "by the end of the year" bugs me...that means winter is not far off...ugh!
Time to get off line...need to work
Happy Sewing!!
 


3 comments:

  1. Nancy Will you be teaching a class again?
    I hope so! I would love to have you do a more advance class.
    Rally learnt a lot from your first class.
    Sheila

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sheila, I'm teaching often. Stay tuned! Did you take a class with me at a quilt shop or one of my video/online classes?

      Delete
  2. Yes Nancy I took the make a quilt from start to finish
    on Annie's catalogue/I learnt a lot from that.
    Especially about cutting fabric.
    I have the quilt top made but must put it together.
    I see your teaching paper piecing.
    Have to think about that one.
    Sheila.

    ReplyDelete